Planning to make fried chicken? Take out a few bones beforehand. They’ll make for a cool project!
Make this fun science project with white vinegar and an uncooked chicken bone.
Try and prank your friends. Ask them to touch a “normal” bone. They’ll be amazed when it bends like rubber!
- Uncooked chicken bone
- Clean and empty glass jar with lid (Amazon link: Mason Jars)
- White vinegar (Amazon link: Distilled White Vinegar)
- Clean the bone thoroughly and let it dry overnight.
- Place it in the jar and add enough vinegar to cover it.
- Secure the lid and let the jar stand undisturbed for seven days.
The bone becomes soft and rubbery. You can twist it and, in some cases, tie it in a knot. The vinegar (acetic acid) dissolves the calcium in the bone, leaving a soft and bendable.
Want more science pranks? Check out these links: