Vomiting might be one of the most disgusting thing your body does. Yep, good old barf is really repulsive. However, vomiting is very important because it gets rid of germs and other contaminants your body can’t handle. So the next time you upchuck, don’t forget to thank yourself.
Now imagine barf that is not only fake, but edible. Learn how to make this recipe to gross out your friends and family!
- Oatmeal (Amazon link: Quaker Oats)
- Applesauce (Amazon link: Applesauce)
- Frying pan
- Cocoa powder (Amazon link: Cocoa Powder)
- Glass or plastic plate
- Mixing bowl
- Raisin bran cereal (Amazon link: Raisin Bran Cereal)
- Measuring cup
- Unflavored gelatin (1 packet). (Amazon link: Unflavored Gelatin)
- Yellow food coloring (Amazon link: Yellow Food Coloring)
- Put a fistful of oatmeal into bowl. With the spoon, crunch the oatmeal.
- Add a fistful of raisin bran cereal and crunch with the spoon.
- GET AN ADULT!
- Place 1/4 cup applesauce into the frying pan on medium heat.
- When the applesauce begins to bubble, add 1 packet gelatin and stir well.
- Add 1 to 2 pinches of powdered cocoa and stir thoroughly.
- Turn off heat.
- Sprinkle a small amount of the oatmeal-and-cereal mixture into the pan.
- Add 2 drops of yellow food coloring.
- Stir the mixture a bit (stir too much and the gross chunky bits will disappear).
- With the spatula, scrape the barf into a plate.
- Spread and shape it until the barf looks real.
- Cool for several hours.
- Use spatula to remove barf from the plate.
- Gross out friends and family by eating to your stomach’s delight!
The gelatin joined the applesauce and cereal bits into one mass. The cocoa powder does not add taste but changes the color of the applesauce to a lovely brown.