Learn how to make a smelly stink bomb from Crystal Drano (sodium hydroxide) and six egg whites!
This stink bomb project will gross out your friends and family. Try it out now!
*Get an Adult* This project uses Crystal Drano, which contains sodium hydroxide. Sodium hydroxide is a dangerous chemical!
- Crystal Drano (sodium hydroxide). (Amazon link: Crystal Drano)
- Clean and empty glass jar with lid
- Warm water
- Six egg whites (Amazon link: Eggs)
1. With adult supervision, pour about 1/4 to 1/2 inch Crystal Drano into the jar, along with about an inch of warm water and the egg whites. Stir well.
2. Screw the lid on the jar and let the mixture sit in a safe, warm place for one week. Shake well.
3. The solution can be thrown or poured directly in an area you think already stinks. Or place the jar uncapped behind a door that opens into the target room. When someone enters, the door will knock over the jar, spilling the liquid. Make sure you don’t get any on yourself.
The solution emits a vile aroma. The sodium hydroxide rots the egg whites.